The Vero Beach real estate market was hot this season and homes are selling. Because of this high activity, some sellers may be tempted to try and sell their home on their own, as it is known in the industry as FSBO, without using the services of a real estate professional.
Real estate agents are trained and experienced in negotiation. In most cases, sellers are not. Vero Beach sellers must realize that there are many parties that they will need to negotiate with in the course of selling their home. The need to ask themselves they can get the best deal.
Here is a partial list of people with whom the sellers must be prepared to negotiate with should they to FSBO:
- The buyers who armed with online tools like Trulia and Zillow want the best possible deal.
- The buyer’s agent who represents the buyer’s interests and who intimately knows the local market and has the comps that provide the fair value.
- The buyer’s attorney (in Vero Beach and in Florida, the buyer has the right to have the contract reviewed by a real estate attorney).
- The home inspection companies which the buyers hire and which almost always find some problems with the house.
- Here in Vero Beach and in south Florida the mold mitigation company to assess and mold issue.
- The buyer’s bank/lender if the buyer needs a loan to finance the purchase.
- The bank’s appraiser who is always 6 month to a year behind home valuations and is always appraises conservatively.
- The title company if there are issues with the title, permits, liens, etc.
The bottom line is that the percentage of sellers hiring a real estate professional to sell their home has increased the last 20 years. If you are planning to sell your Vero Beach home and you want to get net the most out of that sale, call me at 772-532-0945 or complete the form below to request a my home selling guide and a non-obligation market evaluation of your home today.